My Modified Master Cleanse
by Romance Goddess
(Ashland, Oregon, USA)
I did the original Master Cleanse about a year and a half ago. I stayed on it for 30 days. I lost about 20 pounds and felt great.
Since then, my diet has been quite healthy yet my weight loss has plateaued. (I'm not out of the woods, yet!)
I didn't like the idea of the "starvation" signals I feel that my body received the last time I did the cleanse. My "re-entry" into eating "real" food again was very very slow as I felt the danger of "bingeing" on lots of food was very present.
So this time I am trying something a little different:
1. Adding "green supplements" to provide some nutrition without actually eating food. I am taking capsules of spirulina and chlorella several times throughout the day.
(UPDATE: I am adding capsules of kelp and a blend of wheat grass, barley greens, alfalfa, dandelion and oat greens.)
2. Adding EFA's and oil. When I did the cleanse last time, my skin became very, very dry (and it's dry already!). I am taking capsules of fish oil, evening primrose oil and borage oil throughout the day.
3. Instead of the laxative tea and salt water drink: Each morning I prepare my "delicious lemon drink" ~~ Put one whole organic lemon chopped (seeds, peel and all) into blender. Add 2 generous tablespoons of organic cold-pressed olive oil and a good dash of cayenne. Add half a glass of distilled water and process until smooth and creamy. (A variation is to process it briefly and strain out some of the solids before drinking)
This is a good liver cleanser. I use the strained version 5 days a week when I am not cleansing, the "full" version once per week and take one day off.)
Each night before bed I drink a glass of distilled water with psyllium seed husks in it.
4. Other supplements include capsules of maca, acerola vitamin C, garlic, vitamin D3 and drops of DHLA.
5. Originally I planned to substitute (low glycemic) organic agave syrup for the (high glycemic) grade B maple syrup. On my first day I noticed that the agave didn't "last" as long and I was hungrier sooner than I was with the maple syrup. So I've mainly been using the maple syrup.
However, now I am spreading out my supplements more, making sure of taking one of the oils with each glass and that has solved the "hunger" problem. So I will experiment with substituting with the agave again.
6. I have not stopped my morning beverage of Teecino and Inka, drunk black.
The first time I did the Original Master Cleanse, I found it very easy to do. For me, it is so much easier to "never eat" then it is to make good food choices"!! Then it isn't a matter of sitting down to a meal, it's just refuel and get on with it.
I am on Day 3 of what I'm guessing might be a 15 day cleanse. I feel fine, plenty of energy. Regular (some what more frequent) bowel movements.
I'll add more as my cleanse progresses...